Combining tradition with contemporary knowledge, the family Kastelanac has rose its own plantation of olive trees in the village of Gornje Selo on the island, as well as the family oil mill where they produce extra virgin olive oil.
With this half-day trip, we would like to introduce you to the richness of olive groves of the island of Solta and their processing into oil.
Olive tree is one of the oldest cultures of the Mediterranean, a mythical tree created by the gods to give the people longevity, health and peace. It has always been that old Soltaners work hardly and fight with the nature to grow olives and together with it created olive oil. Preserving a rich family heritage and bringing the centuries-old love to Solta and to olives, family Kastelanac continued their path.
To truly feel our story here is unavoidable extra virgin oil tasting and dalmatian gastronomic banquet of products enriched with olive oil.
Here is the short itinerary:
- welcome at port of Stomorska
- transfer to the olive trees plantation Olynthia with the presentation (history, tradition, types of olive, cultivation methods, work in the olive growe, the way of harvest)
- transfer to the place of Gornje Selo and family mill oil OLYNTHIA
- welcome drink in mill oil (domestic aperitives)
- multimedial presentation (7minutes)
- a little school: how to achieve and recognize a good quality olive oil
- a little olive oil tasting school
- authentic dalmatian snack: different kinds of bruschetta with rukola, tomatoes, olives, cheese,
- time for shopping in a small store, taking photos...
- transfer to the port of Stomorska